In order to be able to operate a knuckle boom lift effectively, it is necessary to secure your safety, as well as to those people around you within the vicinity. This is important especially when it comes to curved road ways and slopes, which makes the knuckle boom lift quite challenging to handle.
Usual Source of Incidents
There are a number of serious injuries at construction sites or in other work place environments as a result of failure to follow the safety rules in operating knuckle boom lift equipment, many of which are preventable.
Reasons why Accident may happen:
- Half of the falls from boom lifts involved being ejected from the bucket after being struck by vehicles, cranes, or crane loads, or by falling objects, or when a lift suddenly jerked.
- Two-thirds of the deaths from collapses/tip-overs of boom lifts occurred when the bucket cable or boom broke or the bucket fell; almost one-third were due to tip-overs.
- Half of the boom lift electrocutions involved body contact with overhead power lines, mostly involving electricians or electrical power installers and repairers. Over one-third of the electrocutions involved an overhead power line contacting the lift boom or bucket.
- In most of the caught in/between deaths, a worker was caught between the bucket edge and objects such as roof joists or beams while repositioning the bucket.
- Turning corners at fast speeds and with too narrow turning circle.
- Driving up or down the hills too fast.
- Driving too fast on slick roads or where spills have occurred.
- Driving too fast in a windy condition and Driving without taking other conditions into account.
When it comes to knuckle boom lift equipment which is taller than a standard car, its gravity begins to be a real concern for blind curves, slopes, driving up and down a mounting area, and even driving in general. The greater the main load of the lift, the greater the center of gravity. If the center is uneven during turning a corner, you could lose control or even flip the entire machine over.
Acceleration in executing a turn is very dangerous as this usually causes the boom lift to gaunt off from the curve, allowing its weight to cultivate the probability of it becoming unbalanced. The height of the projecting point, as well as the conditions, can create difficulty when driving up or down the hills.
To be able to prevent accidents from happening, it is essential to know how boom lift equipment acts under different situations and to then drive slowly and steadily to match the conditions. Keep in mind that gravity and the wind will both influence these machines when in motion. By slowing down, you can keep manage balance properly and the proportion of weight, as well as estimate any potential loss of control due to gravity, surfac, and gradient.
When driving a knuckle boom lift https://www.poweraccess.com.aum.au/rental/knuckle-boom-lifts/ on elevated or slope areas, it is important that care and supervision are exercised at all times. Fatal accidents can occur when you do not follow the conditions that can cause the machine to overbalance. This is why it is essential that operators must be trained on how to use these lifts properly https://www.poweraccess.com.aum.au/training .
What we offer
We carry a variety of aerial lifts, including https://www.poweraccess.com.aum.au/rental/mast-boom-lifts-runabouts-trailers/ , https://www.poweraccess.com.aum.au/rental/knuckle-boom-lifts/ , https://www.poweraccess.com.aum.au/rental/telescopic-boom-lifts , https://www.poweraccess.com.aum.au/rental/mast-boom-lifts-runabouts-trailers/, https://www.poweraccess.com.aum.au/rental/diesel-hydraulic-scissor-lifts/ , and https://www.poweraccess.com.aum.au/rental/cherry-picker-hire/ Our aerial lifts are known as high quality, versatile equipment. At Power Access, we offer a wide range of options.